Lekėčiai St. Kazimieras Church
In the Center of Lekėčiai
Lekėčiai St. Kazimieras Church was built in 1843.
The beginning of this church dates back to 1843. built a wooden chapel. Sometimes the priest of Zapyškis arrived at it to keep St. Mass. 1906 a parish was founded here. Her first pastor, Justin Staugaitis, raised the chapel and turned it into a church. 1907 Žiburys Society Division was established. 1908-1910 The Department of Lithuanian Catholic Abstinence acted. 1908 an unfinished parsonage burnt down. The Church is a form of folk architecture. It is a rectangular plan building with a gable roof and a small pyramid tower in front of a scarf. Only the door in the rear wall with a protective shelter and a window on the front highlights the true purpose of the building. The plane of the side walls diversifies the pilasters with the captains at the edges of each window. It is a rarity in wooden churches. The rear wall timpani is decorated with a relief cross and three triangular cells. The cultural values in the churchyard are the ornamented cross, the cross with the chapel and the sculptural group of the Crucified